I had my last doctor's appointment today before I'm induced. There's good news and not so good news. The good news is that he doesn't think I need a full 24 hours to prep, he thinks 12 hours will suffice. So I don't have to go in until Wednesday evening! The perinatologist told me that I would need 24 hours, so I had been thinking I would need to go in on Wednesday morning, but my OB thinks I'll be fine with going in later. I'm especially grateful because that means that Tim can be there with me! He said he'll decide what they're going to do once I get to the hospital and he checks me. He might do one of three things, only one of which will allow me to go back home before being induced on Thursday. So we'll see what happens.
The not so good news is that my uterus is measuring smaller than it was 2 weeks ago. I didn't even know that was possible. Had we not already been planning on later this week, my OB would have tried to strongly persuade us to induce immediately. I'm 35 weeks and my uterus measured at 26 1/2 cm. Last time I was at 28 cm. As he was measuring, he kept asking me about Emma's movements and I told him that she's definitely still in there and active and as soon as he listened to her heartbeat he was more assured that she's still just hanging out.
I have to add in another note about my doctor. It really lifted my spirits when he was explaining things and he said "we're going to treat this delivery just like any other delivery with a viable baby. The only differences are we won't do an emergency c-section and we'll wait as long as we can to break your water. This baby is just as viable as any other baby." I am so appreciative for my doctor and that he wants to do everything in his power to deliver a live baby. Thank you Dr. G for everything you've done for Emma and I and I pray that angels will attend you as you seek to deliver this baby.