Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've been feeling extremely grateful lately. Here are some of the things I'm thankful for:
  • an occasionally cramping and sore body - because it means my body is healing
  • drawings on many surfaces in our house - because I have children who are developing
  • a sink full of dishes - because I have food to eat and to feed my family with
  • a tired husband - because it means he got up early with the boys and let me sleep in
  • a flabby stomach - because I am able to bear children
  • endless loads of laundry - because we have clothes to wear
  • falling behind in the makeover contest - because an amazing woman is going to get a much needed pick-me-up
  • hurtful comments - because I live in a country where people are free to express themselves
  • a high heating bill - because we have stayed warm this winter
  • painful trials - because they help me to grow stronger
  • my exhausted body - because I get to stay home and play with my children
  • depleted funds - because it means my husband is getting a good education
  • sore knees - because I have been in prayer with my Father in Heaven
  • a dirty home - because I have children
  • a busy husband - because he is serving the Lord and working hard in school
  • snotty noses - because my children have healthy immune systems fighting off colds
  • awkwardness - because I have people who love me and care about me and want to help

There is so much more that I am grateful for. While the trials have been hard, the blessings have been much greater. I know without a doubt that our Father in Heaven is mindful of us and watching over our family at this time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a great way to look at things...

Andi said...

Wow! You are so good at seeing the silver lining - thanks for this "pick-me-up" for the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

I don't know you personally, but my sister knows your sister. From the time I heard about Emma I have been praying for you, that God may give you a peace that passes all understanding. You are a true inspiration, keep trusting God and remember you will see your beautiful, perfect Emma again.

Erika said...

I often say this, maybe not to you, but you're amazing! What a great way to look at things, and what a blessing you are to the rest of us!

Janet said...

I've told you once, and I'll say it again...you should write a book! You are a beautiful and inspiring writer.

The Rigelsky Family said...

Hopefully I havent made any hurtful comments. ?


Beautiful perspective.

Em said...

Tiffany,
We do have a mutual friend:Alina Gutierrez! I was on her blog and she was encouraging everyone to vote for us! I just wanted to say your sweet family has been in our prayers. I'm not sure who will win come Friday morning, but my sister used to work for Shade and one of the contacts for a bunch of the prizes for everyone said that there will be some pretty sweet giveaways (salon time, clothes, possible jewelery, etc!) It's pretty awesome that everyone wins. I also went to my in-laws and went to work and voted for you! I think you are way deserving of some sweet pampering! Anyways, hang in there. Emma is your own little personal guardian angel!
Heart hugs,
Emily