Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Few Thoughts

1. Thank you to everyone who has given me positive feedback about my KSL High 5. It wasn't as embarrassing as I'd thought it would be (considering I hadn't showered) and it's kind of fun having people both that I know and don't know tell me that they saw me on TV.

2. On Saturday there was a Remembrance Walk for those in the area who have lost their babies or small children. It was definitely a tear-jerker. It makes me want to move to an area that doesn't have any of these amazing resources of support that we have so that I can start them there and bless others' lives with them. If you're in an area that doesn't have these kinds of things, feel free to e-mail me and I can let you know all of the many resources we've been blessed with so you can possibly get some stuff started in your own area.

3. In my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, there is no paid preacher or pastor. The ones who speak or give talks are members of the congregation. I was asked to give a talk this past Sunday (Mother's Day). Because of time constraints, I only gave the first half of my talk, which was basically my story of motherhood. I feel pretty good about how it went, but sometimes I wonder if I come across as always talking about myself because of the fact that I bring up Emma's story so often. Tim doesn't think so, but he's an amazing husband who loves just about everything I do.

4. Scrapbook albums. For those of you who are new, let me go back a bit. After Emma died, the hospital gave us several things for mementos. One of which was a pre-made scrapbook album. I also had a cousin-in-law give us one. I loved both of these books and it was so nice to just print pictures and stick them in and then have them ready for display at Emma's funeral. However, the lady who runs the whole bereavement support thing said that they don't have very many left and the original ones were all donated. So I have had a few different scrapbook stores and people donate scrapbook supplies and/or money and we now have everything we need to put these together! So we're thinking that on Saturday, May 23rd sometime in the morning, anyone and everyone is invited to come join us to put these together. Whether we know you or not, you're invited! I'll be posting more exact details sometime next week (like place and time), but tentatively put it on your calendars. The more the merrier!

5. Pregnancy and birth in general can really mess with your hormones, but since losing Emma, I didn't realize the tremendous swing there really would be. My self-esteem has had some of it's highest highs and some it's lowest lows over the last little while. Lately I've been on the lower end and I've been trying to figure out what will help me the most to kind of get out of my low self-esteem funk. One thing I've decided is that I'm going to be checking and posting on blogs less. So I apologize, but Emma's Story will not be updated as often as it used to be (which used to be every couple of days). I also apologize for the lack of comments I will be leaving on others' blogs, but at this time I want to spend more quality time with my boys and husband, as that is what truly makes me happy.

6. Just a friendly reminder that the Running With Angels 5k is this Saturday. We are already signed up and ready to go! Come run with us (or you can run and then leave us behind when we have to start walking)! Click here for my original post about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you recieve the package I sent you??? I'm just checking to make sure because I sent it out a little over a week ago :0)

Whitney said...

I'll walk with you! I'm not so good at the running part...

Unknown said...

You're welcome!! I am so glad you got it!!!.....I had shipped something for ebay out that day and it was taking FOREVER for the person to recieve it.....They finally got it, but I was worried that what I sent you might of had the same fate too .....