Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15

It's been a year now since Emma's passing. Our lives have changed so much since then, yet I still feel like it was just the other day. But today it has been one year and I am celebrating! In a little bit I plan to make her a birthday cake with the boys. I also hope to stop by the cemetery later today. I don't know why, but I don't feel like today should be a day filled with sadness. Instead I feel it should be a day filled with joy. I want to celebrate the amazing spirit she was.

I don't think I'm any different than other moms who have lost children in saying that a single day hasn't gone by that I haven't thought of her. I like it that way. Thinking of her doesn't make me dwell on the sadness of losing her (usually). More often than not it brings a smile to my face. She's always with me.

Do I miss her? Oh yes. Do I wonder what life would be like if she hadn't died? Definitely. But things are the way they are and I know that someday we will see her again.

So today I celebrate you Emma!

9 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love you Tiffany and all that you and Emma have taught me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!

Daniel Hunter said...

Happy birthday Emma! We're thinking of you too! - Nicole

Jennifer Rose said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Emma has taught us so much about the purpose of life and cherishing the things that are most sacred.

Rachel and Derrik said...

I have an older brother who died the day he was born. We always had an angel food cake on his birthday.

Sending happy vibes your way...
The Hiatts

Jill said...

Happy birthday, Emma!

Natalie said...

You are such an inspiration to me, Tiffany! Happy Birthday to Emma!

Mary said...

Happy Heavenly birthday Emma!

Matt and Lecia said...

You're the best mom I know.

Happy birthday Emma!

Hannah Rose said...

I just came across your blog...look forward to following. Beautiful name, beautiful daughter, nice blog. Check out my babyloss blog: roseandherlily.blogspot.com Blessings